Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Ammon's Update

Ok, so I know a little more now than I did before and things are finally starting to take some shape. 
First off I have to say that we didn't get selected for the Amazing Race.  Not really a big surprise there and all of my energy and prayers were going toward air traffic control anyway.  I can't have everything can I?
In the end I got called into Nav Canada for the 2nd interview in the application which was done on site at the area control center in Surrey.  It's only a few years old and really state-of-the-art.  I got a long tour after the long interview there and it took them a month to get back to me with the results.  I am very happy to announce that I've passed that interview too and have been accepted. 
Well, at least in principle.  It was the last part of the active application and I've now been internally ranked with the other candidates and put in a pool to wait for courses to start which are filled based on ranking.  I have no idea where I stand or which atc stream they want me for but at some point they'll call me to make a training offer.  So it looks like I'll get my shot and have to "settle down" relatively soon.  Don't be thinking my travelling days are over though, they'll just have to change style and form a little. 
I'm constantly reminded of how everything is relative in life.  Relative not just between people but relative within ourselves at different stages in life.  Everyone knows the feeling whether they spend time reflecting on it or not.  You look back at your life and think you must've been crazy to do or like something.  This Easter weekend was beautiful and sunny and topped out at 15C.  Bre was suntanning in her yard in a bathing suit.  I was reminded then of how we all once thought we'd freeze to death and were wearing all our clothes in the mountains of pakistan.  It was sunny and beautiful and I was wearing all my clothes and had the blanket from my bed wrapped around me while playing cards.  It was 21C.....
I think it's important to remember this kind of relativity when we interact with and are tempted to judge others in our lives.  Every person is dynamic and changing with their environment including ourselves.  And it all makes sense at the time though we shake our heads at it later.  Tolerance is so important.  And we probably all deserve it...
Ammon

2 Comments:

At 7:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember how cold it was. BRRRRRRRRRRrrrr Its really crazy to think how much you can adapt...

 
At 7:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

but I wanted to get out in the sun. Bree

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home