Thursday, September 10, 2009

ALST

If only all courses were finished in 9 days! Well, actually, the whole thing was a bit of a joke. I can't believe that people were struggling with the math (which was actually quite simple) and I must be thankful for my academic background. I did the homework, showed up for class, went out and stayed up late and forgot to study and then got 98% on the final for the top mark. Yay! I'm still brilliant....
Ok, so much for modesty. But then reality hits. I'm turning 30 this weekend, have no money, no job, no home, no dating life and no prospects for anything terribly exciting in the future.... Exactly how did this happen? The real killer is that all the evidence points towards me never getting into the offshore world at all since it is one of the most nepotistic industries on the planet. There are no practicum placements and if I don't have a relative or friend out there, I'm going to have a very, very hard time getting in. Anybody here know anyone working offshore?
With our certificates we were given a list of companies here that do offshore work, but again, without a contact inside and with a slow economy all I can do is send out some resumes and wait. First I have to do the offshore safety course so on monday I will be in Malaysia again, just across the border in Johor Bahru doing the 3-day course. I will be hosted there again and then I am coming back to Singapore. The family that is hosting me here has invited me back to stay longer so that's great. I need to base myself somewhere so I can start getting organized and hurry up and wait. No idea how long I'll be in Singapore though.
Ammon

1 Comments:

At 1:10 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm sure you'd stay in S'pore as long as you can.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home