Friday, October 14, 2005

Wow and wow

What an amazing sight!!! On my way up the mountains after several days of hiking higher and higher with less air to breathe I asked myself "What could possibly possess a human being to willingly do this to themselves?" Well a few days later I found my answer! Watching the sun rise over the Himalayas is only something that you can feel not describe, is all I can say!
After a lot of victory pictures and laughs we headed down or should I say the girls headed down running. Ammon and I couldn't bare to leave so soon. We had to feel the magnitute of what we were seeing (we could have stayed all day). We stayed and found our own private spot on the mountain for an unbelievably energizing and spiritual awakening shall I say. I had to listen to the music I had planned for this event and couldn't help but weap at the beauty before me! It was a wonderful once in a lifetime experience for Ammon and myself. If you ever get the chance to spend time at the top of the world you have to do it, it's priceless.
I was amazed at the age of the trekkers, I would say that the average age of them was 35+ and Savannah was definately the youngest. I am very proud of all of us! I'm so happy that we did this trek and at the same time I'm extremely please that it's behind me. On to India we will go!
Thanks Malcolm the GPS was fun to have with us and allowed us to keep track of our altitude. Bruce you would have been in Heaven too.
Lots of love,
Maggie the Mom

1 Comments:

At 10:23 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Maggs
"WhenI consider the heavens the works of thy hands, what is man that thou art mindful of him?" Somehow this ran through my brain as I listened with envy to you telling your story. I am glad to hear you safe and sound, and resting. Amazaing how the body can adapt to the rapid changes and challenges you put yourself through. You would be floored at the massive physiological shifts you have managed during your trekking in the mountains. As always I send my love and big bear huugs
Your bud Shean

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home