Monday, June 20, 2005

Great Wall

Great Wall of China, that's right and I'm taking a piece of it home with me!! WOW! I can't believe I was on THE wall. I mean, it just can't get any bigger than that beast! It is absolutely huge! About 3,000 km long and we walked five hours on it and only got 10km! We thought we were tired! Hah! That was until the Irishman came to our attention when we noticed he was carrying his entire bag up and down, over and across the mountain! Crazy Irish is all I can say! Some spots were tough to fight. Steep stairs, decrepit and narrow walk ways, wind gusts and the fact that there was no shade! After the long walk we decided to take a short cut the rest of the way ;) heheh! To top off the day we took a zipline over the glistening river and through the mountains then a dinky boat to the bus! It was sweet! So I guess that counts as our second world wonder so far. I'd say we're doing pretty well! Got our Mongolian visa's in and we're heading out at the end of the week.
I'm in China!! :O
Savannah, over and out
P.s. mom says "half the pictures are mine so don't give that little bum all the credit!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home